Wednesday 1 June 2011

The Start of Something Good

... no limits...
May has been good for my soul.

I began the month experiencing quite severe back pain that pretty much immobilized me, despite being given some heavy-duty painkillers by my doctor. I was also given a sick note, and my search for a new job was postponed for four weeks.

On reflection, it was as if something was telling me to hold my horses and concentrate on what I really wanted to do with my life, rather than chase down yet another dead-end, live-in job in the mountains that would inevitably crush my mind to the point where I knew it was best to leave – as has been a pattern in my life.

With no other option than to let my body repair itself, I decided to use the time as wisely as I could and put a focus on disseminating more widely the message of present awareness that I’ve been blathering on about to anyone prepared to listen, since February of last year, after my awakening.

As well as working on a book about my own experiences since that life-changing day, I’ve enjoyed building up my blog and ‘networking’ on Twitter and Facebook. I’ve met so many great people through this process, and I am so thankful for every new friend I’ve made.

What has been so heart-warming and encouraging is that I’m getting great feedback now, from all across the planet… though Antacticans are still slacking on that front…

I had 4,484 hits on my blog in the past month, compared to less than 2,000 for the entirety of the previous SIX months.

People are reading from the United States, the United Kingdom, Brazil, Norway, Bangladesh, Canada, France, Cyprus…

… Australia, Singapore, Switzerland, the United Arab Emirates, Ireland, Germany, Japan, Denmark, the Netherlands, Russia, Sweden, Chile, Macedonia, South Africa…

… Costa Rica, Guatemala, India, Thailand, Estonia, Nigeria, Trinidad & Tobago, Azerbaijan, Greece, the Bahamas, Finland and the Ukraine.

I’ve received so many positive comments, Tweets and emails and it’s reinforced the understanding that I’m definitely on the right track, in doing something I have a true, burning passion for – the simple aim to help people feel happier and more content about themselves and their lives.

I want to thank all of you for the support and good humour you’ve shown me over this past month. You’re all greatly appreciated, and I would give you a big hug if I could!

It feels like something good has started… there’s a momentum building that has come about only through determination… and I’m walking the right path, now.

13 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how back trouble can strike at the most (in)opportune time? It's only because of serious back issues that I've had the whole of this year to date free in which to write and work on my platform. While I could have done without the pain, the weight gain and the general feelings of non-productivity, I know that I wouldn't have got this far without all this time with which to dedicate myself to my writing career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's extraordinary, isn't it! It's like we're being told: "You sit down and get on with the work you KNOW you SHOULD be doing!" Hehe.

    I'm really pleased things are going so well for you, too, but I hope the back gets better soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, same to you! It is getting better. I'm just waiting for my chiropractor and the Pilates teacher to hammer out the details of what I can and can't do before starting classes :)

    But yes, I really think this was the universe's way of telling me that I really needed to get going on this writing lark. SO happy I did! Apart from which, if I didn't have the writing I would have gone start raving bonkers from having NOTHING to do for months on end!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I totally understand. I was thinking it was either get on with the writing, or start playing World of Warcraft again. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee, I agree with the no coincidences in life as you know after you helped me find my awakening with your blog. The words you offered me after reading my blog has made me want to step up and do more.Your post about losing weight and getting healthy hit home this morning and I will be doing this also.

    I have also opened up a new website this morning at worldsoulawakening.com. It came to me that finding your blog was my awakening. I am no writer but I am hoping to share my story and link others who are sharing theirs and awakening the world one soul at a time as I continue in the now.
    Doug Curts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee, I forgot to mention that while I am reading this I am on a heating pad for my back. I pulled a muscle between my shoulder blades a few days ago. Coincidence again lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so pleased for you, Doug, and ha - no... no coincidences. I'm really happy for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darn it! I wrote a comment and lost it because my profile was not accepted! Must be this key board. Try again.
    Nothing wrong with your body, Les. At least last time I saw it (fully clothed I hasten to add lest anyone this old girl's a baby snatcher). You could throw me over your shoulder and march me up Coniston without a bead of sweat dampening that handsome brow. However, I can appreciate your desire to be at the peak of perfection. it is always good to have something to aim for where health is concerned. Keep us informed how you get on, I could do with losing half a stone - might just try it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are busy writing — look forward to reading some of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehehe... thank you, Gladys! I would just like to live a bit longer than I perhaps thought I would, in the past, so it will be very useful to maintain the body properly, at last.

    If you lost half a stone, you'd vanish! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be sure to send it to you when it's in some sort of order, Gladys! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to be reading your fantastic blog. Good luck on your future job search.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you... and thank you for reading it! :-)

    ReplyDelete