Sunday 13 January 2013

Be My Guest



UPDATE: Currently unable to take any more guest blogs, due to the fantastic response, but may open the scheme up again in future.

I’ve decided, after many requests over the past couple of years, to open my blog up to guest bloggers.

The idea is to feature one guest per week, promoting their writing and their ideas throughout that week in the same way that I would my own new blogs, then possibly adding them to my ‘blog roll’ of scheduled Tweets which appear every three nanoseconds in my Twitter feed.

Since February 2010, I’ve had over 750,000 individual page views on my blog, with many articles being read tens of thousands of times, in over 170 countries around this world of ours. I’ve built up a following of more than 100,000 people on Twitter.

All things considered, it’s not a bad arena to present your writing to.

I am looking for quite specific topics, however – which I’ll detail shortly – and it’s important that any articles I consider publishing to my social network are quality pieces, completely original (i.e. having not appeared on your own blog, previously, or lifted straight out of an Eckhart Tolle lecture) and of a good standard of writing.

You’ll be fully credited (with links to your Twitter/Facebook/Website, etc.) and, of course, retain copyright of anything that I may publish through @Lesism.

(I won’t publish anything that’s overtly commercial, but I am happy to include links to books and so on.)

The only thing I ask is that you refrain from re-publishing the blog on your own site for a minimum of seven days, though I'm happy to remove content on request.

To the topics…

If you’ve read through my blogs, you’ll have picked up that there’s a general theme of self-help, in areas of present awareness/mindfulness, spirituality and depression, and those are the subjects I’d like guest bloggers to write on.

Now, I think I have to make a distinction between spirituality and religion, because I’m not religious and I won’t publish fundamental religious stuff, but that’s not to say I would dismiss genuinely helpful articles that include reference to a person’s faith.

Also, articles on depression need to be uplifting! Whether you’ve found a way to cope with it or have overcome it completely, present it in a way that will inspire and help others.

I’m particularly interested in hearing other ‘Awakening’ stories, and I know there are many of you out there who have experienced the phenomenon.

If you feel like you could produce a solid blog on any of the above (or you have a REALLY GREAT cat story), please email me a pitch at:


Please write ‘GUEST BLOG’ in the email header.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hugs,

Les

I'd be most appreciative if you’d give my Facebook Page it a LIKE:


3 comments:

  1. Les, as you may know, I too host guests weekly on my blog and must tell you that it has been one of the surprises in my life--it is amazingly rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you doing this. I'm in the midst of redesigning, editing and revamping both of my WordPress sites, so this is appealing to me. I'm going to come up with something and run it by you.

    As an aside, I had to laugh when I saw that you've added "cat-whisperer" to your profile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone interested in guest blogging should hit me up as well... my blog is mostly geared toward books and bookstore events, but is open to anything that sparks my interest. So authors, musicians, artists of any kind, anyone is invited to contact me. Even Les... especially Les. http://anakalianwhims.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete